Kjell Inge Bjerga
Professor of defence history. PhD, University of Bergen and Cand. Philol., University of Oslo. IFS research fellow 1999–2005 and Head of the Defence Reform Research Programme 2012–2016. Dean at the Norwegian Defence University College 2014–2017 and Head Secretary of the Governments Working Group on Military Aid to Civilian Authorities 2016.
Bjerga has published extensively on security and defence policy, doctrines, organisation, command systems and strategic management, national and international. He has lectured and supervised at civilian and military universities for more than 20 years, was chief editor of the Norwegian Joint Operational Doctrine 2005–2007 and served at the Military High Command 1990–1993.
- Norwegian defence, foreign and security policy
- Norwegian civil service, military management and organisation
- joint operations and defence planning
- first and second world war, cold war
- European military history and theory
- civil-military relations and military sociology