Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies
Email: [email protected]
(b 1976) Ph.D University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 2006. Cand. Philol. in history University i Oslo 2003. MSc London School of Economics 2002. MA Griffith University 2000. Visiting Fulbright Scholar, Fairbank Center, Harvard University, 2010.
US-China Foreign Relations: Power Transition and its Implications for Europe and Asia, Routledge 2020.
The Return of Bipolarity in World Politics: China, the United States and Geostructural Realism, Columbia University Press, 2018.
Strategic Adjustment and the Rise of China: Power and Politics in East Asia, Cornell University Press, 2017,
- US–China relations since 1945
- East Asian security policy
- US Taiwan politics since World War II
- international politics and history
- international political theory
- China’s energy security policy
- hedging and risk managment