(b. 1983) MA in history, University of Oslo, spring 2010. BA in history, University of Oslo, fall 2007. At IFS, he has taken part in several projects on topics such as the history of the Ministry of Defence, long-term defence planning, crisis management and the post-cold war reforms of the Norwegian military. He is currently working on a doctoral thesis comparing reforms in the Norwegian Police and the Armed Forces.
- Norwegian and European military history
- Force generation and mobilisation
- long-term defence planning
- military aid to civil authorities
- preparedness and crisis management
- defence reform