Cold Weather Operations Conference 2023
Centre of Excellence Cold Weather Operations (COE-CWO) invites to the biennial Cold Weather operations Conference (CWOC-23). This year’s theme is Warfare Development for the High North.
The aim of the conference is to highlight current and future geopolitical, military strategic and environmental trends that have implications for the development of Cold Weather Operations as part of Multi-Domain Operations.
The conference will be held at Scandic Hotel Hamar, Norway, on 14–16 November 2023. The conference is divided in three different tracks which aim to share subject matter expertise ranging from security strategy development to Cold Weather equipment development. An exposition and with industry and different CWO Schoolhouses will be a part of this year’s highlight within the Cold Weather Operations Community of Interest.
Track 1 – The Military Instrument of Power in the High North:
- Session 1: The New High North, Nordic Countries as a Military Power in the High North
- Session 2: Arctic Security Strategy Development
- Session 3: Military Challenges in the High North, post Russian invasion of Ukraine
- Session 4: The Military instrument of Power in Cold Weather (Multi-Domain) Operations
Track 2 – Cold Weather Environments, Different and Challenging:
- Session 1: Cold Weather Environments – More than the High North and Arctic
- Session 2 & 3: Understanding and Preparing for a changing Cold Weather Environment
- Session 3: Prepare for the future – Ways and means to prepare for Cold Weather Environments
Track 3 – Cold Weather Equipment Development:
- Session 1: Expositions
- Session 2: Cold Weather Mobility
- Session 3: Cold Weather Survivability
- Session 4: Cold Weather Sustainment