NATO key leaders visit Norway–Russia border
KIRKENES: Military key leaders from the NATO Command Structure are visiting the Norwegian Border Station and Guard Company in Pasvik, Finnmark, next to Norway's border with Russia.
NATO is the cornerstone in the defence of Norway. As a part of the current UK-led exercise Joint Warrior 23, and Norwegian-led Joint Viking 2023, Military leaders from NATO and partner nation Sweden meet in the northernmost part of NATO to further enhance security cooperation in the High North.
The media venue will include briefing by the Norwegian border guards on their mission. There will be interview opportunities with key leaders, and possible to film key leaders driving snow mobile at Pasvik Border Station.
Key leaders will include Commander Norwegian Joint Headquarters, Lieutenant General Yngve Odlo, and counterparts from NATO Command Structure, USA, France, the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden.
Point of contact
Attendance inquiries and questions may be directed to the Norwegian Media and Information Centre on e-mail: [email protected] or mobile: +47 40 43 80 83. Read more about exercise Joint Viking here.
- When: Thursday, 9 March 2023
- Time: 11:45–13:30 CET
- Where: Pasvik Border Station, Kirkenes
- Attendance, departure and return: Attendance at the Pasvik Border Station 12:00 (CET).
- Adress: Pasvik grensestasjon, 9925 Svanvik – directions here. Parking is avaliable.
- Registration: Register here – no later than 6 March at 15:00 hours (CET).
- Bring: International Press Card and Personal ID with photo. Passport is preferred. Remember to wear and bring warm clothes.
All timings are in 24-hours Central European Time (CET).
- 11:45: Latest attendance at Pasvik Border station.
- 11:45: Briefing Pasvik Border Station.
- 12:30: Meeting with military key leaders. Possibility to film preparations and start of snowmobile training. Commander Norwegian Joint Headquarters will be available for media.
- 13:30: Programme concludes at Pasvik Border Station.